Monday, March 8, 2010

Burritos in Bismarck

Ok, this post should really be titled Tacos in Bismarck, but that doesn't work so well on the alliteration front. So, I went to a charity fundraiser trivia tournament over the weekend. They had snacks they were selling for extra fundraising... water, pop (or soda if Chris is reading this), popcorn, brownies, and the "meal" portion was "Tacos in a bag". Is this a common thing that I've just never heard of before, or is this a North Dakota thing? I'm guessing it is a North Dakota thing, in which case, I'll elaborate. You take a snack size bag or Doritos, crush them up, and then dump your taco toppings in (salsa and all), and eat the taco out of the Doritos bag. I'm wondering is you could use a big bag and do the whole thing family style. The only thing missing was some Briney Beer.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard of that kind of thing with Fritos and chili. It had some sort of redneck name but I can't quite remember what. And then I googled it and discovered that Frito Lay's website has all sorts of recipes for "Frito Chili Pie" and "Walking Tacos". Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have Walking Tacos in Indiana. They used to have them in our school cafeteria, and they sell them at concession stands too...

    ReplyDelete