Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Blitzing towards Bismarck

As some of you know, I recently left the tundra. The initial purpose of departure was to attend some training in Indianapolis for trial advocacy. It was like mock trial, but with only a week of prep time. The training was great, the people (for the most part) were great, and I learned a ton. I also worked 55 hours in 4.5 days. Not as awesome. But it was FABULOUS to get back to a "real" city. And downtown Indy is a shockingly nice area.

After completing the training, I took the opportunity to return to Michigan since someone else had paid for the $650 plane ticket to get me that close. My awesome dad came and picked me up and drove me back to Howell. I got to pick up Godiva (my horse that I ride topless - AKA Mustang convertible), which I am so excited to have back in my possession. Also cleared out the rest of the condo, got it listed for rent with a realtor, and played a 3D game of Tetris trying to fit the remainder of the crap in my car. The bad part was that when I "died", that just meant I had to take all the stuff back out again and start over until it fit. Sometimes the flat, skinny pieces (like large pictures) aren't always the easiest to fit in.

Also got to see some friends and family while I was there, which was amazing. But alas, time was too short, and I have returned. I have established a new record drive time at 13 hours, 20 minutes. I don't think it can be done much faster than this. Also, the car count on the Fargo-Bismarck run was CRAZY, a new record high was achieved. Counting time was approximately 5:00 pm - 7:30 on a Sunday night, and I hit 123! I'm tellin' ya'll, Bismarck is a happening place to be!! (Pay no attention to the news reports of the recent blizzard that downed major power lines and has several roads closed. It was in the 50s today, so that was just a little blip on the radar.)

No comments:

Post a Comment