Thursday, April 8, 2010

Between in Bismarck

Related to my previous post about fire and being located at the gates of hell...

When I was back in Michigan, several people asked me what my favorite part of living in Bismarck is so far. I had a hard time coming up with anything concrete, because while I can't think of too many bad things about living here (other than the isolation and lack of good restaurants), I also can't think of any super spectacular great things, either. Anyway, I got back and was telling my friend at work how people kept asking and I couldn't think of a good answer.

And she agreed... "Yeah, there really isn't anything great about living here, but ya' know, there really isn't anything bad about living here, either. It's sorta' like that thing, you know, ***snapping her fingers as she tries to think of it*** that thing that the Catholics have..."

"Purgatory??"

"Yes, it's just like Purgatory!"

2 comments:

  1. Ha. I would have thought limbo was the more accurate description. Purgatory is kinda bad, I thought, just not as bad as hell. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Catholic world, Purgatory is Limbo. Pretty much everyone goes to Purgatory first.

    ReplyDelete