Sunday, January 31, 2010

Berry Beer in Bismarck

Oh yeah, I forgot... As an update to the condiments in beer situation, I think I must now find it acceptable to put olives in beer. First of all, in my own head I had mistakenly grouped olives in the vegetable category. But here it turns out that they are actually a fruit, a berry in fact. Since I consider fruit to be acceptable in beer, and I also hear that blueberries in beer are delicious, I think it follows that I must also accept olives. I tried a guy's olive-berry beer last night, and it just tasted like regular beer. Since I don't like olives, I don't know how the olives taste after being soaked in the beer, or even if you are supposed to eat them when the beer is gone. But, conclusion, olives are acceptable.

Pickles on the other hand, I am positive are a vegetable, so they remain unacceptable. I've not yet found anyone's beer to taste with the pickles, so I can't report back on that quite yet.

Lastly, I have also now tasted the "pink beer", which I don't know if I mentioned before, but it is half beer-half clamato (or tomato) juice. As expected, it was one of the most disgusting things I have ever tasted!! But at least now when I criticize, I can say I've tried it.

2 comments:

  1. If olives are a fruit, is ketchup a vegetable? Or clamato?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't tomatoes a fruit, also? Either way, clamato and beer is disgusting, I don't care whether it is a fruit or vegetable!!

    ReplyDelete